Abraham Geiger College

The Abraham Geiger College at Potsdam University, founded in 1999, stands in the tradition of the Berlin Hochschule für die Wissenschaft des Judentums (the Institute for the Scientific Study of Judaism), which was closed down by the Nazis in 1942. It draws funds from private and public sources, the Federal German Government, the Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs of the Laender in the Federal Republic of Germany, the Federal State of Brandenburg as well as the Central Council of Jews in Germany and the Leo Baeck Foundation.

The first ordination of rabbis took place Dresden, in 2006.